Sunday 13 September 2009

Lack of Posts

I haven't posted in a long time mainly because I have been working on my other blog which will be a catalogue of all the films referenced throughout the seven seasons of Gilmore Girls. It is rather a large project but it will be worth it once it's done. Even if nobody else uses the list and even if I miss some references it will feel like an achievent in listmaking. I am not opening the blog up generally to readers until I get further along but it will be at Gilmore Girls Movies.

Otherwise I've been thinking a lot about film choice and how to make lists of films to see. I think sites like All Consuming are nice for recording what you see and Lists of Bests for what you may want to. But these still require a decision making process behind them. I spent the summer watching a variety of films and I found that I sometimes gained the most pleasure from films seen unintentionally or that were recommended by others. I think this idiosyncratic approach may be worth pursuing so I have developed some ideas for lists of films to see. Like 26 Films by directors whose initials are different letters of the alphabet, or film titles that make up a daily menu of foods. I'm going to put some to work on at my Lists of Bests and we'll see if I get more wide-ranging film enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment